Designs for physical things.
- Australian Dress Register ● A collaborative, online project about dress in New South Wales pre 1945.
- Balloon Mapping Kit ● 'Once assembled, this kit -- developed by community researchers from the Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science -- enables you to collect your own aerial photos from up to 1000 ft.'
- DIYLILCNC ● Plans for a simple, cheap CNC mill.
- EveryCook ● 'Better food through information.'
- Fairphone ● 'You can change the way products are made, starting with a single Phone. Together, we’re opening up the Supply Chain, and redefining the Economy – one step at a time.'
- littleBits ● 'An opensource library of electronic modules that snap together with tiny magnets for prototyping and play'
- Open Hardware Journal ● A journal about open hardware.
- Protei ● Open hardware to clean up oil spills.
Sources of Hardware
- Appropedia ● A wiki to share designs of all sorts.
- Breadpig ● A publisher.
- Evil Mad Scientist Shop ● 'DIY and open source hardware for art, education, and world domination.'
- FreeLab ● A 'technical support collective for freedom oriented intentional communities'
- Open Source Ecology ● Technology for sustainable, localised, modern living.
- Qi Hardware ● 'Qi's mission is to promote and encourage the development of copyleft hardware.'
- Thingiverse ● Designs for 3D printers.