Designs for physical things.
- Australian Dress Register ● A collaborative, online project about dress in New South Wales pre 1945.
- Balloon Mapping Kit ● 'Once assembled, this kit -- developed by community researchers from the Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science -- enables you to collect your own aerial photos from up to 1000 ft.'
- Contraptor ● 'open source DIY rapid hardware prototyping'
- DIYLILCNC ● Plans for a simple, cheap CNC mill.
- EveryCook ● 'Better food through information.'
- Eyewriter ● 'This international team is working together to create a low-cost, open source eye-tracking system that will allow ALS patients to draw using just their eyes.'
- Fairphone ● 'You can change the way products are made, starting with a single Phone. Together, we’re opening up the Supply Chain, and redefining the Economy – one step at a time.'
- Farmbot ● "Humanity’s Open-Source Automated Precision Farming Machine"
- littleBits ● 'An opensource library of electronic modules that snap together with tiny magnets for prototyping and play'
- Open Hardware Journal ● A journal about open hardware.
- Open Source Beehives ● 'Sensor enhanced hive designs for bees'
- OSVehicle ● Download car designs.
- Protei ● Open hardware to clean up oil spills.
- WikiHouse ● Build your own house.
Sources of Hardware
- Appropedia ● A wiki to share designs of all sorts.
- Arduino ● Embedded development platform
- Breadpig ● A publisher.
- Evil Mad Scientist Shop ● 'DIY and open source hardware for art, education, and world domination.'
- FreeLab ● A 'technical support collective for freedom oriented intentional communities'
- Open Compute Project ● 'A small team of Facebook engineers spent the past two years tackling a big challenge: how to scale our computing infrastructure in the most efficient and economical way possible.'
- Open Source Ecology ● Technology for sustainable, localised, modern living.
- Open Source Seed Initiative ● Seeds.
- OpenDesk ● Purchase ready-made furniture or download the source files and make your own.
- Qi Hardware ● 'Qi's mission is to promote and encourage the development of copyleft hardware.'
- Thingiverse ● Designs for 3D printers.