A Creative Commons licence which allows copying under any circumstances.
The official name is "CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication", shorted to "CC0 1.0 Universal" once it is clear to the reader that it is a licence/declaration.
The short form, analogous to CC BY 3.0, is "CC0 1.0".
Creative Commons itself never uses "Creative Commons Zero" to describe the licence, though that has been used by others.
- Archaeology, Anthropology, and Interstellar Communication ● "Addressing a field that has been dominated by astronomers, physicists, engineers, and computer scientists, the contributors to this collection raise questions that may have been overlooked by physical scientists about the ease of establishing meaningful communication with an extraterrestrial intelligence."
- Aural Tradition ● An album created as part of a copyright course.
- Comic Neue ● An elegant take on Comic Sans.
- Free Culture Guide ● An Arabic guide to free culture.
- Glitch the Game ● 2D MMORPG art assets now public domain.
- Maki ● "A clean point of interest icon set made especially for cartography."
- Musopen Collection ● Music files from Musopen.
- Nothing To Hide ● An "anti-stealth" computer game - you have to be complicit in your own surveillance!
- Open English Bible ● A project to create a modern public domain translation of the Bible.
- Open Goldberg Variations ● A performance of Bach's Goldberg Variations.
- Roadkill ● A short story by Leonard Kirke.
- Sharing is Caring ● A single - remixed multiple times - released by Dan Bull. #9 in the UK Independent chart.
- The Case for Copyright Reform ● "The book is a compilation of the strongest articles on reform of the copyright monopoly from Christian Engström (MEP) and [Rick Falkvinge]"
- The Collected Writings of Jeremy Kellerman Volume One ● '""The Jeremy Kellerman Blog!" was created in February of 2011 as an outlet for the writings of Michigan-based creative genius and self-help guru Jeremy Kellerman and his associates.'
- The Open Game Art Bundle ● 'We're the people behind some of the most popular web games. The web is meant to be an open landscape; being in this bundle is how we choose to honor this.'
- The Peeragogy Handbook ● 'The Handbook is the world’s first book to present Peeragogy, a synthesis of techniques for collaborative learning and collaborative work.'
- Wealth Inequality in America ● An informative YouTube video.
- Wuffle Comics ● Adventures of a kind-hearted wolf.
- The Public Domain Game Jam ● A competition to create a game inspired by the public domain.