This wiki has been replaced by the Free and Open Works wiki
If the advertising annoys you, sign in to Wikidot and it goes away (or install Adblock Plus on Firefox).
This wiki collects and catalogues the world's shareable resources: works that can be copied and shared without breaking the law. Some of these works can be adapted and altered and some can be sold. Works that can be duplicated and adapted for profit or for free are called libre works and they are given special priority.
How to stay up-to-date with the FOSsil Bank
- This site has a web feed (RSS feed) of new pages added to this site. Get it here.
- Every few weeks I publish a FOSsil Bank update with all the new entries on the site. You can get it on the Living Libre blog (or via the Living Libre web feed), or by subscribing to the FOSsil Bank mailing list
How To Use This Site
- Get Stuff without Paying for It: The majority of shareable resources (though not all of them) are available for free download.
- Get Stuff You Can Use: If you're writing a book, maybe you want to illustrate it. If you're composing a song, maybe you want another song to remix. Most of the things on this site can be shared and adapted non-commercially — many of them can be shared and adapted commercially. See Using This Stuff for more details.
- Contribute: If you find something under a shareable resource licence, add an entry on it to the wiki. See the tutorial for assistance. Please also add information to existing entries. There's also a list of jobs.
- Get in Touch: If you find a work that you can't or won't add to the wiki or if you have any comments to make, please enter them on our feedback form.
How Not To Use This Site
- This site is not an explanation of what libre is, why it matters or how to use it. For that, see Living Libre.
- This site is not a place for comment or discussion. For that, see Living Libre.
Complete List of Works and Sources
A list of all works, sources and supplements on this site.
- Tor ● Browse the Internet anonymously.
- Torch & Sword ● A retroclone of 0D&D.
- Torus One ● "Torus One RPG is a science fiction role-playing game, where all the action happens in a crowded ring-shaped space station with a circumference of 1609 meters."
- Toybox Wars ● Ready an army from your old toys!
- TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay Away from Keyboard ● A documentary about a court case against The Pirate Bay
- Transontology ● Open source (well, semi-open) religion.
- Traveller ● A long-lived role-playing game with some setting details.
- Treasure ● A modular, symbols-based RPG.
- Triangle Wiki ● A wiki about the Triangle Region.
- TRIC SRD ● A 4E clone.
- Tri-Fold FATE ● The basic rules of FATE on three pages.
- Trolling Effects ● 'Trolling Effects is a resource for those who have been targeted by patent trolls.'
- True20 ● A d20-based RPG.
- Tube ● A movie, still in production.
- TV Tropes ● A website about tropes in fiction, mythology and real life.
- Twenty One Turn Hero ● A curious one-page RPG where you face off against dragons and sorcerers.
- Twisted Space ● An encounter for the RPG Dungeons & Dragons 4E.
- Two Things She Does With Her Body ● Really, I think it’s better to read this without a lot of prologue and setup. //
- Two-Fisted Tweets ● //'Thirty mostly humorous stories, including science fiction, fantasy, horror and romance. Each story is less than 140 characters long (the length of a Twitter tweet).'
- Two-Page Space ● 'Two-Page Space is a complete d20 sci-fi game, including spaceship rules, that can be printed on the front and back of one piece of paper.'
- Ubunchu ● The world's first Ubuntu manga.
- Ultramodern4 ● Dungeons & Dragons 4E rules in a modern setting.
- Uncharted Worlds ● 'Uncharted Worlds is a Space Opera roleplaying game built upon the Apocalypse World rules. It’s inspired by the big, bold, larger-than-life space-faring epics like Mass Effect, Firefly, Star Trek, and by games like Traveller, Masters of Orion, Starcraft (and a bit of Galaxy Trucker).'
- Understanding Changes in Poverty ● "Understanding Changes in Poverty brings together different methods to decompose the contributions to poverty reduction."
- Unlikely Treasures 1 ● Tables of treasures for dungeon-crawling fantasy.
- Unsung Tales ● 'Unsung Tales is a card-based roleplaying game, in which you and your friends will work together to tell stories of mystery and adventure in a Sword and Sorcery world.'
- Valence ● Rebuild the fallen Human Empire.
- Vampires: A Postmodern Roleplaying Game ● In this game, vampires are constantly engaged in a violent physical struggle for power, respect and security.
- Vector 3 ● Sci-fi based tabletop board game.
- Venn's Revenge ● A game of spacial relationships.
- Very Simple Generic Miniatures Rules ● Quick and easy (though probably not well-balanced) rules for playing miniatures games with any figurines you have lying about.
- vessel.cc ● An art installation.
- Viento Libre ● A steampunk RPG set on a Goblin airship.
- Violence ● A parody which brings the gratuitous violence of the dungeon into the modern age.
- Voidspanners ● A swashbuckling space adventure for Basic Fantasy RPG.
- Volley Zombie ● A simple HTML5 game for the Liberated Pixel Cup.
- vs Elves ● A supplement for vs Monsters.
- vs Monsters ● A 24HRPG by Phil Reed.
- Wanton Role-Playing System ● An OGL version of the RPG Over the Edge.
- Warlord's Wager ● Contest and intrigue at the Warlord's court.
- Warrior & Wizard ● A retroclone of The Fantasy Trip.
- Warrior, Rogue & Mage ● A rules lite dungeoncrawl.
- Wayfarers ● Points-buy medieval fantasy role-playing.
- We Are Here to See the Evil Wizard Kormákur ● A group travels to see the evil wizard Kormákur.
- Wealth Inequality in America ● An informative YouTube video.
- Weapons & Gear ● A Ronin Arts gear book for 4C System.
- Weasels! ● A simple system of intelligent weasels living in The Forest that must deal with a threat. Easy for kids.
- Weird World ● 'Weird World is a game about playing characters with unnatural powers in a dangerous, exciting world.'
- Welfare Queens ● A role-playing game about white collar professionals who spend their nights in virtual reality dens living the lives of poor people on welfare
- WE_Magazine ● A magazine about collective action.
List of Everything
A list of everything on this site.
- Statuses and Licences
- Community Articles
- Genres, Platforms, Engines and Languages
- Works, Sources and Supplements
- Community ● Articles about the libre, common content, open access and copyright minimalist communities.
- Complete List of Codes ● The codes used on this site.
- Engines ● Shared rules or resolution systems.
- Genres ● Works that share a common theme or style of setting.
- Languages ● Languages other than English in which common content works are available.
- List of Everything ● A list of everything on this site.
- List of Everything (Libre Only) ● A list of everything libre on this site.
- Tabletop Games by Licence ● [[tabview]]
- Works, Sources and Supplements ● A list of all works, sources and supplements on this site.
About the Libre Community
- Catching the Waves ● Reviews of gratis and CC-licensed music.
- @ccess ● An OKFN project to encourage libre open access.
- CC-PRO ● A rebranding of the CC BY-SA licence to emphasise its value to professionals.
- Creator-Endorsed Mark ● A way of showing that proceeds from a work go to its creator.
- Day Against DRM ● On the 4th of May, we campaign against Digital Rights Management.
- Definition of Free Cultural Works ● The definition of free cultural works.
- Document Freedom Day ● 30 March is the day to celebrate open document formats and explain how important they are.
- Jenny Everywhere Day ● On the 13th of August, the world celebrates Jenny Everywhere Day!
- Liberated Pixel Cup ● "Liberated Pixel Cup is a two-part competition: make a bunch of awesome free culture licensed artwork, and then program a bunch of free software games that use it."
- LibrePlanet Gaming Collective ● The LibrePlanet Gaming Collective is a group of free software activists organized around their enthusiasm for video games.
- Open Access Week ● A week celebrating open access.
- Open Education Week ● "The purpose of Open Education Week is to raise awareness of the open education movement and its impact on teaching and learning worldwide."
- Public Domain Day ● The 1st of January, when new works enter the public domain.
- The Public Domain Manifesto ● A statement on the value of the public domain.
- The Thousand-Year Game Design Challenge ● A competition to design a game which will last a thousand years.
- Who Needs Access? You Need Access ● An OKFN project to increase open access.
Unless otherwise mentioned, the text of this site is released under the Creative Commons Attribution licence.