This wiki has been replaced by the Free and Open Works wiki
If the advertising annoys you, sign in to Wikidot and it goes away (or install Adblock Plus on Firefox).
This wiki collects and catalogues the world's shareable resources: works that can be copied and shared without breaking the law. Some of these works can be adapted and altered and some can be sold. Works that can be duplicated and adapted for profit or for free are called libre works and they are given special priority.
How to stay up-to-date with the FOSsil Bank
- This site has a web feed (RSS feed) of new pages added to this site. Get it here.
- Every few weeks I publish a FOSsil Bank update with all the new entries on the site. You can get it on the Living Libre blog (or via the Living Libre web feed), or by subscribing to the FOSsil Bank mailing list
How To Use This Site
- Get Stuff without Paying for It: The majority of shareable resources (though not all of them) are available for free download.
- Get Stuff You Can Use: If you're writing a book, maybe you want to illustrate it. If you're composing a song, maybe you want another song to remix. Most of the things on this site can be shared and adapted non-commercially — many of them can be shared and adapted commercially. See Using This Stuff for more details.
- Contribute: If you find something under a shareable resource licence, add an entry on it to the wiki. See the tutorial for assistance. Please also add information to existing entries. There's also a list of jobs.
- Get in Touch: If you find a work that you can't or won't add to the wiki or if you have any comments to make, please enter them on our feedback form.
How Not To Use This Site
- This site is not an explanation of what libre is, why it matters or how to use it. For that, see Living Libre.
- This site is not a place for comment or discussion. For that, see Living Libre.
Complete List of Works and Sources
A list of all works, sources and supplements on this site.
- What Is a Roleplaying Game? ● 'What is a Roleplaying Game? is a tiny, but complete roleplaying game designed for the uninitiated.'
- What's the Deal with Copyright and 3D Printing ● What it says.
- Where Are The Joneses? ● A British comedy about a woman seeking her long-lost siblings.
- Where Are Your Keys? ● A game for teaching languages in a fun and accessible way
- White House Honey Ale ● Beer brewed on the White House grounds.
- Why Open Education Matters ● A contest where people were asked to 'Create a short video that explains the benefits and promise of Open Educational Resources for teachers, students and schools everywhere.'
- Why the Heck Should I Care about the TPP? ● What it says.
- Wide Stance ● A game about repressed homosexuality, written in five minutes.
- WikiHouse ● Build your own house.
- Wikipedia ● A libre encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
- Wikipedia Chanukah ● JoCo's only free/libre/open song.
- Wikipedia:Sound/list ● "This is an incomplete list of full length free content musical works available on Wikipedia or Wikimedia Commons, with special emphasis on works that are (or should be) linked in Wikipedia articles." (Mainly classical music)
- WikiPremed MCAT Course ● 'WikiPremed's mission is to lower economic barriers to becoming a doctor and to improve the quality of MCAT review for everyone.'
- Wings Keeton and the Airship Of Doom ● An RPG of high adventure in the 1920s.
- Winning the Web ● '[T]his report represents a comprehensive survey of techniques employed in recent access to knowledge (A2K) activism that have succeeded in taking intellectual property (IP) reform issues to a wide audience.'
- Witless Minion ● The role-playing game of mooks, minions, and dupes.
- Wordplay Basics ● A straightforward narrative role-playing game.
- Wordplay Core Rules ● A straightforward narrative role-playing game.
- World of Nevermore ● A setting for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.
- Wrack & Wruin ● Ryan St's rewriting of original D&D in the style of Apocalypse World.
- Writer's Dice Guide ● A guide for using writer's dice.
- WTactics ● 'We're a community of free culture-loving individuals, creating a free card game.'
- Wuffle Comics ● Adventures of a kind-hearted wolf.
- Wushu Open ● A game where detailed narration affects your chances of success.
- Xceptional ● A supers RPG.
- xkcd ● A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language.
- Xochitlcozamalotl ● Aztec daisies, god-rabbits and divine parties meet in this Aztec soap opera.
- Yags ● A moderately crunchy cinematic rules system.
- Yanone Kaffeesatz ● The first font completed by Yanone.
- Ye Olde Adventure Shoppe ● A proof of concept for an HTML5 game for the Liberated Pixel Cup.
- Yo Frankie! ● A computer game where you control a rodent.
- Yorokobu ● A Spanish language magazine about innovation, inspiration, trends, sustainability and the adventures of entrepreneurs.
- You All Meet In A Tavern ● 'As a fledgling adventurer you have decided that the best way to get into the business is by attending the monthly Adventurer-Nite at the local White Griffon Tavern.'
- Zamani ● A detailed pulp-and-planet game.
- Zap! ● a science fiction tabletop RPG using the SFX! system
- ZeFRS ● A retroclone of TSR's Conan RPG.
- Zero Sum Game ● 'Deadly. Mercenary. Superhuman. Not your ordinary math geek.'
- Zombie Squad ● Why mess around with clerics and balors when you can have zombies?
- Zounds! ● a fantasy roleplaying game using the SFX! system
List of Everything
A list of everything on this site.
- Statuses and Licences
- Community Articles
- Genres, Platforms, Engines and Languages
- Works, Sources and Supplements
- Community ● Articles about the libre, common content, open access and copyright minimalist communities.
- Complete List of Codes ● The codes used on this site.
- Engines ● Shared rules or resolution systems.
- Genres ● Works that share a common theme or style of setting.
- Languages ● Languages other than English in which common content works are available.
- List of Everything ● A list of everything on this site.
- List of Everything (Libre Only) ● A list of everything libre on this site.
- Tabletop Games by Licence ● [[tabview]]
- Works, Sources and Supplements ● A list of all works, sources and supplements on this site.
About the Libre Community
- Catching the Waves ● Reviews of gratis and CC-licensed music.
- @ccess ● An OKFN project to encourage libre open access.
- CC-PRO ● A rebranding of the CC BY-SA licence to emphasise its value to professionals.
- Creator-Endorsed Mark ● A way of showing that proceeds from a work go to its creator.
- Day Against DRM ● On the 4th of May, we campaign against Digital Rights Management.
- Definition of Free Cultural Works ● The definition of free cultural works.
- Document Freedom Day ● 30 March is the day to celebrate open document formats and explain how important they are.
- Jenny Everywhere Day ● On the 13th of August, the world celebrates Jenny Everywhere Day!
- Liberated Pixel Cup ● "Liberated Pixel Cup is a two-part competition: make a bunch of awesome free culture licensed artwork, and then program a bunch of free software games that use it."
- LibrePlanet Gaming Collective ● The LibrePlanet Gaming Collective is a group of free software activists organized around their enthusiasm for video games.
- Open Access Week ● A week celebrating open access.
- Open Education Week ● "The purpose of Open Education Week is to raise awareness of the open education movement and its impact on teaching and learning worldwide."
- Public Domain Day ● The 1st of January, when new works enter the public domain.
- The Public Domain Manifesto ● A statement on the value of the public domain.
- The Thousand-Year Game Design Challenge ● A competition to design a game which will last a thousand years.
- Who Needs Access? You Need Access ● An OKFN project to increase open access.
Unless otherwise mentioned, the text of this site is released under the Creative Commons Attribution licence.