This wiki has been replaced by the Free and Open Works wiki
If the advertising annoys you, sign in to Wikidot and it goes away (or install Adblock Plus on Firefox).
This wiki collects and catalogues the world's shareable resources: works that can be copied and shared without breaking the law. Some of these works can be adapted and altered and some can be sold. Works that can be duplicated and adapted for profit or for free are called libre works and they are given special priority.
How to stay up-to-date with the FOSsil Bank
- This site has a web feed (RSS feed) of new pages added to this site. Get it here.
- Every few weeks I publish a FOSsil Bank update with all the new entries on the site. You can get it on the Living Libre blog (or via the Living Libre web feed), or by subscribing to the FOSsil Bank mailing list
How To Use This Site
- Get Stuff without Paying for It: The majority of shareable resources (though not all of them) are available for free download.
- Get Stuff You Can Use: If you're writing a book, maybe you want to illustrate it. If you're composing a song, maybe you want another song to remix. Most of the things on this site can be shared and adapted non-commercially — many of them can be shared and adapted commercially. See Using This Stuff for more details.
- Contribute: If you find something under a shareable resource licence, add an entry on it to the wiki. See the tutorial for assistance. Please also add information to existing entries. There's also a list of jobs.
- Get in Touch: If you find a work that you can't or won't add to the wiki or if you have any comments to make, please enter them on our feedback form.
How Not To Use This Site
- This site is not an explanation of what libre is, why it matters or how to use it. For that, see Living Libre.
- This site is not a place for comment or discussion. For that, see Living Libre.
Complete List of Works and Sources
A list of all works, sources and supplements on this site.
- Gunwave ● A system for playing the angsty teens of a mecha anime series.
- HabitRPG ● 'Gamify your life'
- Hacker Public Radio ● 'Hacker Public Radio (HPR) is an Internet Radio show (podcast) that releases shows every weekday Monday through Friday.'
- Hacking Politics ● 'How Geeks, Progressives, the Tea Party, Gamers, Anarchists and Suits Teamed Up to Defeat SOPA and Save the Internet'
- Hand Covers Bruise ● A game of strategy and guess work played only with hands.
- Hedgewars ● A Worms-like computer game.
- Hello_world ● A blog for three documentaries about open programming languages.
- Heroes Against Darkness ● "[A] modern d20 RPG system that combines speed and simplicity with balance and depth."
- Heroes Vs. Villains ● A collection of 'photos' of supervillains.
- Hexpack ● An expansion to the Piecepack.
- Hierarchy of Interface for Tabletop Games ● How people interact with tabletop games.
- HiLo Heroes ● A superhero RPG.
- His Due ● Ordinary people find some of their memories have been taken in exchange for deadly magical powers.
- History of Graphic Design ● A graphic design primer.
- Hoard ● Play a growing dragon.
- Hoborg ● 'A dieselpunk novel with Spanish-created robot hobos in a balcanized America at the beginning of the XX century.' - that anyone can edit, fork and contribute to.
- Homotopy Type Theory: Univalent Foundations Of Mathematics ● 'Homotopy type theory is a new branch of mathematics that combines aspects of several different fields in a surprising way.'
- Honda 3D Design Archives ● External designs of Honda's cars.
- Hot Lamp ● Two detectives interrogate two suspects.
- House of Masks ● In a far off land where mighty sorcerers dwell, the God-King Castor rules from a castle where the spirit realm and physical realm touch, allowing for powerful magics to happen and for a person’s spirit form to take control of one’s body..
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Love the Bomb Shelter ● A 'game of paranoia and treachery for at least 4 players.'
- How Open Is It? ● Defining open access.
- Hunters And Haunts ● A board game played on two different boards.
- Hyper ● A modular gaming system.
- Hyperbole And A Half ● A comic.
- Icar ● A detailed sci-fi RPG and setting, beautifully decorated with 3D images.
- Icke ● 'A sad story about a miserable kid and the perils of fish telepathy. Despite this flippant description, I consider this one of my more successful horror stories.'
- Icosahedral ● A role-playing game.
- Iliamna Unknown ● Vacationing software engineers search for the Iliamna Monster.
- Immersion into Noise ● 'On a planet that is increasingly technologically linked and globally mediated, how might noises break and re-connect in distinctive and productive ways within practices located in the world of art and thought?'
- In The Blindness Of The Glare ● 'Part of the deal with the Ardwin ransom was that I agreed to write a story for ten of the $50+ donors. Each one got to dictate one element for inclusion. This is that story.'
- In the Shade of the Commons ● About bridging the gaps between information societies.
- Income Models for Open Access ● Developing a business model for an open access journal.
- Inkscape ● A vector graphics editor.
- Inside a Star-filled Sky ● A recursive, infinite tactical shooter.
- Integrity at Scale ● A book proposing the Redesign Revolution.
- Intellectual Property: Law and the Information Society ● "This book is an introduction to intellectual property law, the set of private legal rights that allows individuals and corporations to control intangible creations and marks—from logos to novels to drug formulae—and the exceptions and limitations that define those rights."
- International Free & Open Source Software Law Review ● The International Free and Open Source Software Law Review (IFOSS L. Rev.) is a collaborative legal publication aiming to increase knowledge and understanding among lawyers about Free and Open Source Software issues.
- International Journal of the Commons ● A journal that discusses resources that can be shared and used collectively.
- Into the Odd ● Adventures in the odd world.
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation ● US legal citation.
- Introduction to Economic Analysis ● 'This book presents standard intermediate microeconomics material and some material that, in the authors' view, ought to be standard but is not.'
- Inuma ● A system for shared, improvised storytelling.
- Invulnerable Tabletop Super Hero Roleplaying Game ● 'The Invulnerable RPG Year One Edition allows you to create your own hero, and experience worlds of adventure!'
- Iridium System ● A simple and realistic system combining skills and classes.
- Iron Edda ●
- Is Behavioral Economics Doomed? ● 'Those of you who have read about – and who has not? – the current economic crisis may wonder just how rational economic man or woman is. Behavioral economics has become the modern rage. So is rational economic man – homo economicus – dead?'
- Is It Open Data? ● "We've made it easy for you to make enquiries to data holders about the openness of the material they hold — and to record publicly the results of those efforts."
- Island of Eo ● A Risus supplement.
- It Came From The Wide Blue Yonder ● Cthulhu medieval supers.
List of Everything
A list of everything on this site.
- Statuses and Licences
- Community Articles
- Genres, Platforms, Engines and Languages
- Works, Sources and Supplements
- Community ● Articles about the libre, common content, open access and copyright minimalist communities.
- Complete List of Codes ● The codes used on this site.
- Engines ● Shared rules or resolution systems.
- Genres ● Works that share a common theme or style of setting.
- Languages ● Languages other than English in which common content works are available.
- List of Everything ● A list of everything on this site.
- List of Everything (Libre Only) ● A list of everything libre on this site.
- Tabletop Games by Licence ● [[tabview]]
- Works, Sources and Supplements ● A list of all works, sources and supplements on this site.
About the Libre Community
- Catching the Waves ● Reviews of gratis and CC-licensed music.
- @ccess ● An OKFN project to encourage libre open access.
- CC-PRO ● A rebranding of the CC BY-SA licence to emphasise its value to professionals.
- Creator-Endorsed Mark ● A way of showing that proceeds from a work go to its creator.
- Day Against DRM ● On the 4th of May, we campaign against Digital Rights Management.
- Definition of Free Cultural Works ● The definition of free cultural works.
- Document Freedom Day ● 30 March is the day to celebrate open document formats and explain how important they are.
- Jenny Everywhere Day ● On the 13th of August, the world celebrates Jenny Everywhere Day!
- Liberated Pixel Cup ● "Liberated Pixel Cup is a two-part competition: make a bunch of awesome free culture licensed artwork, and then program a bunch of free software games that use it."
- LibrePlanet Gaming Collective ● The LibrePlanet Gaming Collective is a group of free software activists organized around their enthusiasm for video games.
- Open Access Week ● A week celebrating open access.
- Open Education Week ● "The purpose of Open Education Week is to raise awareness of the open education movement and its impact on teaching and learning worldwide."
- Public Domain Day ● The 1st of January, when new works enter the public domain.
- The Public Domain Manifesto ● A statement on the value of the public domain.
- The Thousand-Year Game Design Challenge ● A competition to design a game which will last a thousand years.
- Who Needs Access? You Need Access ● An OKFN project to increase open access.
Unless otherwise mentioned, the text of this site is released under the Creative Commons Attribution licence.